Styrolution makes changes to its management board
- New regional presidents appointed for Asia Pacific and EMEA
- Creation of new management board position: president of operations
Frankfurt, Germany – February 11, 2015 – Styrolution, the global leader in styrenics, is making three appointments to its management board, including two new regional presidents and a newly created position, president of operations. Hyung Tae (HT) Chang, who currently serves as President, Asia Pacific will retire in July 2015 following over 41 years of service to the chemical industry.
- Steve Harrington, currently President, Global Styrene Monomer, will assume an additional role as President, Asia Pacific, effective April 1, 2015. During Mr. Harrington's 25-year career, he has held various commercial roles at INEOS, and previously worked for ICI and Unilever. He holds a degree in chemistry from Hull University in England and currently serves as chairman of the Styrene Information and Research Center.
- Rob Buntinx will join Styrolution's management board as President, Europe, Middle East and Africa, effective March 1, 2015. He will replace Kevin McQuade, who took over the reigns as Styrolution's Chief Executive Officer last month. Mr. Buntinx currently serves as Senior Vice President of Styrolution's organizational unit, Global Focus Industries and R&D, and will retain this responsibility in his new role. Over the course of his 25-year career, Mr. Buntinx has held management positions at Styrolution, BASF and DSM. Mr. Buntinx received a degree in chemical engineering from Hogeschool Zuyd in the Netherlands.
- Pierre Minguet will fill a newly created position on Styrolution's management board as President of Operations, effective March 1, 2015. This new role will further drive Styrolution's manufacturing and technology excellence programs globally. Mr. Minguet currently serves as Senior Vice President, EMEA Manufacturing. Throughout his 20-year career, he has held management positions at Styrolution, INEOS, BP and Amoco. Mr. Minguet holds a master's degree in chemical engineering from Faculté Polytechnique de Mons in Belgium.
- Following implementation of these changes, Styrolution's management board will comprise the following individuals: Kevin McQuade (Chief Executive Officer), Christoph de la Camp (Chief Financial Officer), Steve Harrington (President, Global Styrene Monomer and Asia Pacific), Rob Buntinx (President, EMEA), Alexander Glück (President, Americas), Pierre Minguet (President, Operations).
"I would like to thank HT for his valuable contribution to the success of Styrolution and his many years of dedicated service to the industry. We wish him and his family all the best for the future," said Kevin McQuade, CEO, Styrolution. "Steve and Rob will be strong promoters of our Triple Shift growth strategy in their regions, which is to drive even greater growth in specialties and ABS Standard, our focus industries, and emerging markets. I also have the same confidence that Pierre will be instrumental in further sharpening our technology and manufacturing excellence programs globally. At Styrolution, we are fortunate to have leaders who not only possess the expertise and drive to produce results but are also highly regarded internally and by their peers."