Styrolution equips the new Jeep® Renegade 2016
São Paulo, Brazil
- Jeep® Renegade mirrors and pillars will utilize a specially formulated version of Luran® S 778T
- The global leader in styrenics will participate for the first time in Feiplastic 2015, the largest plastics trade show in Latin America, taking place May 4-8 in São Paulo, Brazil
As the leading styrenic material solution provider to the automotive industry, INEOS Styrolution is the exclusive supplier for mirror and pillar coverings on the new 2016 Jeep® Renegade. The new SUV was introduced to the Brazilian market in April and is manufactured at Jeep’s factory in in Pernambuco, Northeast Brazilian state.
- Luran® S 778T is an ideal material for automotive exterior applications: The Renegade’s rearview mirror and coverings for its B & C pillars use Luran S 778T, a customized formulation of acrylonitrile styrene acrylate (ASA) from INEOS Styrolution. This specialty styrenic material boasts superior weathering, impact and chemical resistance when compared with other polymers. INEOS Styrolution offers the broadest portfolio of ASA products in the automotive industry with standard and customized products to meet the rigorous demands of the market. Products can be formulated with enhanced UV stability, such as SPF 30 and SPF 50, to further increase protection from UV exposure. Luran S also offers excellent design flexibility due to its colorability and dimensional stability. Further, the material provides good surface adhesion, making it possible for car manufacturers to overlay the Luran S substrate with a hot-stamped foil for decorative features on exterior parts, such as front grilles.
- INEOS Styrolution makes its debut at Feiplastic 2015: INEOS Styrolution will showcase its innovative material solutions for automotive and other industries for the first time at Feiplastic 2015, taking place May 4-8, 2015 in São Paulo, Brazil. Visitors can find INEOS Styrolution in Pavilhão de Exposições do Anhembi at booth B-600. Company representatives will be on hand to discuss INEOS’ recent announcement of the integration of its INEOS Styrolution and INEOS ABS businesses and the advantages this integration offers customers in Latin America.
- Showcasing styrenic innovation for the automotive industry at Feiplastic: As the leading styrenic material solution provider for the automotive industry, INEOS Styrolution will not only illustrate the value of Luran S but will also showcase Novodur® HH, high-heat acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS), as a proven solution for automobile interior and exterior decorative parts. Terblend® N, an ABS and polyamide blend that offers high chemical strength and excellent acoustic absorption, will also be featured in speaker grilles and other interior applications at Styrolution’s booth. An extrusion sheet for interior trim in buses and trucks using INEOS ABS’ Lustran® will also be on display.
Paulo Motta, Business Director, South America, Styrolution: “Automotive customers require styrenic polymers that offer greater design flexibility, enhanced material performance and premium aesthetics. The Jeep brand is known for its rugged and sporty look, making it staple for outdoor and off-road enthusiasts. This raises the bar for material performance, making Luran S an ideal polymer for these exterior applications. Feiplastic 2015 is an outstanding platform for INEOS Styrolution to showcase our products, expertise in styrenics and cutting-edge customer applications like those of Jeep.”