Market leader Styrolution strengthens its position in styrenic specialties in Europe, the Middle East and Africa
- Optimizing Styrolution's specialty production network in Germany
- New Styrolution specialty logistics center for EMEA
- Fulfilling Styrolution's ‘triple shift' growth strategy
Frankfurt, Germany – December 9, 2013 – Styrolution today announced measures to better serve customers in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA). New initiatives include the optimization of Styrolution's production network in Germany and the opening of a regional specialties logistics center. These measures enable Styrolution to offer customers greater flexibility, long-term and secure supply, and lot-to-lot consistency. They also extend Styrolution's regional reach and further strengthen its leading market position in the region's key focus industries, such as automotive, healthcare and diagnostics, and building and construction.
- Optimizing Styrolution's specialty production network in Germany: Styrolution is optimizing its specialty production platform in EMEA to better serve customers, provide secure sourcing alternatives and spur further growth in styrenic copolymer sales in EMEA. Styrolution will now offer Novodur grades from its production sites in Cologne, Ludwigshafen and Schwarzeide, while Luran S grades are now available from both Ludwigshafen and Schwarzheide. Additionally, the company will expand compounding capacity in Schwarzheide to enable insourcing of specialty ABS and Novodur GF previously produced by external partners. The Schwarzheide site will become an increasingly important hub for Styrolution in EMEA with the production of compounded specialty styrenic products, such as Novodur GF, Terblend N and S, Zylar, and anti-static polystyrene. Styrolution plans to complete the majority of this project by the end of 2013.
- New Styrolution specialty logistics center for EMEA: Styrolution has opened a new, state-of-the art logistics center for its AMSAN and SAN specialties plants in Ludwigshafen, Germany. The new center offers optimized automated packaging and storage facilities that significantly enhance Styrolution's ability to supply customers packaged or bulk goods in an efficient and timely manner.
- Another step in fulfilling Styrolution's ‘triple shift' strategy: In August 2013, Styrolution launched its ‘Triple Shift' growth strategy aimed at strengthening its leading position in styrenics globally. The strategy calls for an expansion of Styrolution's global footprint in emerging markets; focusing on higher growth industries; and expanding its market position in styrenic specialties and ABS Standard. Today's news follows on the heels of two initiatives announced in October 2013: a planned joint venture with Braskem to produce ABS Standard and ABS specialties in South America, and new AMSAN specialty production at Styrolution's plant in Altamira, Mexico.
Rob Buntinx, vice president styrenic specialties EMEA, Styrolution: "These measures will accelerate the implementation of Styrolution's Triple Shift strategy in the region," said Buntinx. "I am confident that these initiatives will not only strengthen our already leading position but they will ultimately translate into greater value for customers in terms of the products, security of supply and services we provide. They will also position us for further growth in key growth industries, such as automotive, healthcare and diagnostics and building and construction."